Thursday 29 September 2016

Wednesday Highlights! Glossy Ibis and more!!!

After a successful Monday, I didn't know what to expect! However, it was better than expected! Here are the highlights from Wednesday morning:
07:31 - 12 Starling flew East
07:31 - 5 Greenfinch flew East
07:32 - 2 Duck flew South
07:36 - 2 Redwing flew East (either the individuals reported in Horstead a few months ago or some of the first here for the winter)!!!
07:44 - GLOSSY IBIS flew South-West!!! More information on the Glossy Ibis is below.
I was not expecting much when I saw a rather large duck/goose flying along over the village; maybe a Canada Goose at most. However, when I looked at this bird through my binocular, I noticed a curved beak. Then, I saw the bird was brown and I instantly shouted GLOSSY IBIS. Everyone in the household at the time ran to the window and I quickly pointed out the bird before it dropped below a rooftop. A Glossy Ibis, presumably the same one, was seen at Strumpshaw Fen at 15:01 later in the day. Also, make sure to look out, maybe you might see a Glossy Ibis glide over your home as well!

Sightings from Wednesday evening are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment