Wednesday 28 September 2016

Welcome!!!

Hello, my name is Louis and I run the Horstead Bird Observatory. I have always loved birds so decided to find out what I can see from my house at the Horstead Bird Observatory that I set up on Monday 26th September 2016. It was only going to be temporary but after lots of success in only 90 minutes of bird watching from the observatory in three days, I have decided to make the observatory permanent. When I say lots of success I mean, at 7:37 two Redwings flew West (they were either early or the same individuals that were seen a few months ago). Well if that wasn't enough, seven minutes later at 7:44 was a GLOSSY IBIS flew South-West!!! Like you probably are, I was surprised with all these sightings so am continuing the observatory. I will report all sightings common and rare and will sometimes focus on one species. More info on the GLOSSY IBIS will be posted later as well as all my sightings so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment